This is a key role at the meeting. You will be evaluating everyone who has not already been evaluated and provide an opinion on the overall running of the meeting. It is a busy role requiring concentration and careful listening as there is a lot of writing. A clip board may be helpful.
- You don’t evaluate anyone who has already been evaluated (i.e. those who have done speeches).
- Note key points using the C R C method.
- This role provides a great opportunity to practice giving an evaluation using bullet points.
- Always deliver the evaluation in the third person.
- As the Toastmaster runs the meeting you can evaluate that role last which ends the report on a positive note.
- Remember the G.E. sets the closing tone of the meeting.